International Office, Renmin University of China
Position: English editor
Chief duties: editing, Chinese-English translation, overseas promotion of university programs
Description: Renmin University of China’s International Office is looking for a motivated editorial assistant with strong communication skills, Chinese reading competency and ability to compose or translate and edit web texts, promotional materials and university correspondence.
* native speaker of English proficient in one or more foreign languages
* university graduate with experience in proofreading, translating, and editing (Master degree preferred)
Contract and Benefits:
* initial one-year contract renewable upon mutual agreement
* procurement of work permit; assistance in visa application process
* winter and summer vacation according to academic calendar (semester breaks)
* competitive pay, including health insurance (all-around medical minus dental coverage)
At RUC’s International Office you will have the opportunity to work in a cross-cultural university setting at one of China’s leading institutions of higher education in Beijing, participate in campus life by auditing courses in your field or joining extracurricular activities that interest you. In addition, working at RUC will allow you to enhance your Chinese language skills and cross-cultural competencies on a daily basis.
If you’d like to apply, please send your CV and brief statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.